After a sulky summer, the fall promises to be more appealing ! All those familiar with the Ardennes know that the month of September is the ideal period to discover - or rediscover - this magnificent region with the track of Spa-Francorchamps as one of the main pillars.
And what if your visit to the Ardennes got an Italian touch this year ? During the weekend of 27 and 28 September, DG Sport organizes SpaItalia, an event entirely dedicated to Italy, its beauty, its charm, its power, its elegance, its refinement....
You can find all these qualities in a very rich automobile and motorcycle production with a multitude of brands and mythical models that will be present at the event in Spa-Francorchamps. The 2014 edition of SpaItalia marks a major evolution by opening its doors to motorcycles. This way, DG Sport wants to remind the visitors and participants that Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, Laverda and Benelli occupy a significant place in the motorsport legend, aside their 4-wheel cousins Ferrari, Maserati, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Lamborghini, Lancia, De Tomaso, Osca, etc.
The cult of « la bella macchina » will be celebrated with an elegance contest as well as exhibitions of prestigious models. At the occasion of the centennial of Nuccio Bertone, his oeuvre will be put in the spotlights thanks to the presence of exceptional vehicles put at our disposal by the Alfa Romeo and Bertone museums as well as private collection pieces, more precisely from the collection of Corrado Lopresto. The list is to die for :
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta (model exhibited at the Paris Motor Show in 1956) ;
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta prototype (frame 002, the oldest number known) ;
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta 004 Spider Bertone (model 004, one of the two prototypes designed and built by Bertone) ;
- Lancia Sibilo (Concept Car built in 1978 based on the Stratos) ;
- Iso Rivolta Lele (frame 001 - 1969) ;
- Alfa Romeo SS 6C Coupe Bertone (1942 - unique model, from the hand of Mario Revelli di Beaumont) ;
- Alfa Romeo Giulia SS prototype (1963 - first model produced) ;
- Alfa Romeo Navajo (1976 - Concept Car based on the Alfa 33 Stradale presented at the Geneva Motor Show) ;
- Alfa Romeo 2000 Sportiva (1954 - only two coupés and two spiders were produced, frame 00003) ;
- Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale prototype (1967 - street version of the prototype that won its first race the first time it went on the road at the climbing race of Fléron, eighteen copies built) ;
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ “Coda Tronca” (1960 - race version of the Giulietta) ;
- Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 type Le Mans (1931 - nine copies built of the short version - four victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans) ;
- Alfa Romeo 1750 GTAm (1970 - ultimate development of the Giulia GTA - European Champion Touring in 1970 and 1971, victories in the Royal Cup at the 24 Hours of Spa).
The cult of « la Velocità » will also be celebrated during the track sessions and the track baptisms (in a Ferrari or aboard a Classic model). In order to assure optimal security conditions, the riders participating at these three sessions of 25 minutes per day will be subdivided in groups according to the power of their car (Italian car of course) : Sport Car (- 300 hp) and Super Car (+ 300 hp). The motorcyclists will get four sessions of 25 minutes per day.
For those who love a nice tour, DG Sport presents the "discovery" rally on Saturday afternoon as from 14h00. After a tour around the track the itinerary leads towards the Ardennes via the typical roads and some of the famous climbing races... at a touring pace. The return is foreseen at the end of the day and the awards will be assigned in the salons of the Eau Rouge where the gala evening will also take place, aka the Serata italiana. If you say Italy you also say ... fashion and gastronomy. Lunches (30€) will be served at the Eau Rouge, where tastings of the best products from the Peninsula will be organised.
No doubt that the 2014 edition of SpaItalia meets the standards of a DG Sport event. « Passione Italiana, Passione alta Velocità » : the green-white-red flag colours will be honoured in Spa-Francorchamps on September 27th and 28th !